Borussia Dortmund are now considering Jadon Sancho’s future after Manchester United sent a fresh transfer bid, according to a report.
The England winger has proved one of United’s most coveted – yet hard to reach – transfer targets of late. Last summer, despite talk of bids, Dortmund’s £108million valuation proved one step too far for the Red Devils.
Nevertheless, football director John Murtough has reportedly made the winger the club’s No. 1 target again.
United sent a first bid earlier this month, which Dortmund immediately rejected.
Reports claimed, though, that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s club would return with another offer and, according to Sky Sports News, that bid has arrived.
United’s latest bid reportedly amounts to over £75million, which has made Dortmund ‘consider’.
Indeed, that is a marked change from before; reports in Germany have claimed that the Bundesliga giants see their £82million valuation as “non-negotiable”.
Sancho has reportedly had personal terms in place over a transfer to Old Trafford in place for a long time.
As such, Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth reports (via Twitter) that there is a “willingness from all parties” to seal a deal.
He subsequently made Gareth Southgate’s England Euro 2020 squad, but has yet to play a minute.
Amid the struggle for chances against Scotland on Friday, though, Rio Ferdinand said he felt baffled at the lack of minutes for the winger.
There’s no doubt in my mind we’ve got players on that bench in attacking areas that can change games… utilise them,” the pundit told BBC Radio 5 Live.
“Sancho’s not even got on the pitch. Statistically, in terms of goal involvements in the last three seasons, Raheem Sterling is No. 1 in the team, Sancho No. 2 and Harry Kane No. 3.
“But Sancho’s not got on the pitch.
“So one of your most creative players doesn’t even get in the squad in the first game, he’s in the stands, and in the second doesn’t even get his boots wet.”