October 22, 2021

Mysportgist

Welcome to Sport gist blog

Borussia Dortmund respond to Manchester United’s new Jadon Sancho transfer bid

Borussia Dortmund feel as though Manchester United’s new transfer bid for Jadon Sancho is ‘something to work with’, it has been claimed. The Red Devils have tabled a £75million bid for the England international. And though a deal is nearing completion, much negotiating is still

And they’ve made a fresh bid today, lodging an offer in the region of £75million to finally bring the England international to Old Trafford.

So determined is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to land the 21-year-old he’s ordered the club get a deal done, instead of focusing on potential alternatives.

But, while that’s the case, Dortmund seem to be unwilling to accept at the current moment in time.

In a separate tweet, Eckner then aded: “We made our first offer over a week ago and tried to get it over the line before the Euros. We have improved the offer with a slightly higher guaranteed fee and more achievable add-ons. The total sum is slightly below €90m.”

Add-ons mean United are willing to spend big on Sancho, making him one of their costliest signings of all time.Should all conditions be met the overall package would be closer to £81.5m – making him the club’s second most-expensive recruit.

This is a project that should provide a foundation for long-term success in the years to come.

“In addition, as you all know, we have also been focused on growing and developing our women’s team in line with the traditions and values of the club, and we are committed to continuing that process.”

Solskjaer, meanwhile, was up front about United’s need to strengthen when speaking in the aftermath of their disappointing Europa League final defeat to Villarreal last month.

Instead of trying to paper over the cracks, he instead made it clear further signings were essential for his side to evolve.

“I’ve been delighted with the effort, the desire, the determination of all of the players, I can’t fault them at all,” Solskjaer said.

We’ve probably done as well as anyone could imagine.

“We are here now, we need to do better, we need to work better, work harder, cleverer. But as I said two or three players to strengthen the starting XI and the squad all together is important for us to go even further.

“Because I’m sure our contenders or challengers will also want to improve and we want to improve as much as we can.”

Sancho isn’t United’s only target for the summer window.

Raphael Varane and Sergio Ramos have been linked as defensive targets, while speculation over Jack Grealish, Declan Rice, Kieran Trippier and Cristiano Ronaldo remains ongoing.