Newly-appointed Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has hinted that Eden Hazard will remain with the Spanish club next season despite being linked with a move to Chelsea.
Hazard has endured a frustrating two-season spell at Los Blancos so far, with the Belgian’s minutes being restricted due to injury problems.
The 30-year-old winger has suffered a total of 12 different injury problems during his time in the Spanish capital, which has seen him ruled out of action for a total of 360 days.
Many Blues supporters have been dreaming of seeing Hazard in a Chelsea shirt again one day and various media outlets have reported that the club are considering making a sensational swoop for the Belgium international.
However, Ancelotti – who took over at the Estadio di Stefano after leaving Everton on Tuesday afternoon – has dropped a big hint that Hazard will be playing under him next season.
“Hazard is a top player, he has had injury problems, and not shown his top potential yet here,” the Madrid boss said.
“I believe he can do that next year, he wants to, is motivated.”
Hazard himself has ruled out a move away from Los Blancos despite his seemingly frustrating spell with the club.
He said in a Belgium press conference: “I don’t see myself leaving Real Madrid right away.
Now I want to think about the European Championship first. Then I will give everything for Real.”
He then reflected on the 2020/21 season: “Everything went well from the start of my career. I have never had many injuries.
“It has been different for a year and a half. I know that I cannot put everything on bad luck, but it has been a lot. The corona crisis, the injuries.
“I was always strong when I could play many matches in a row. Now that was not possible.
“I am close to my good level. I just have to do match rhythm now. I do everything I can to not get injured.”